About Olney Charter High School
- Grades 9-12, 1765 students
- New furniture, technology, curriculum, interior paint, and 240 surveillance cameras
- Student Excellence Center and Parent Empowerment Center
- Much local media recognition, including articles in The Notebook, Metropolis, Impacto, and Al Dia magazines.
- 1st year academic results: reading proficiency from 18% to 30%; math proficiency from 16% to 32%
- Of all Philadelphia high schools, Olney ranked #10 in math and #17 in reading on the 2012 PVAAS (PA Value-Added Assessment System) growth measure
- 1st year graduation rate of 93%
Enrollment Information for Olney Charter High School
Principal, James Thompson, Bio:
After graduating from Rutgers University, James Thompson began working for the Camden City School District in special education where he was named “Teacher of the Year” for two consecutive years. During his tenure there, he earned two Master’s Degrees from Wilmington University in School Leadership and Counseling.
After six years in the Camden district, he briefly left to pursue an opportunity at Camden County College as Assistant to the Dean, and Assistant Director of the EOF Program. This opportunity provided the administrative experience needed to return to the Camden City School District as a Vice-Principal, Supervisor, and Principal at his Alma Mater Camden High School.
In June 2014, he was inducted into the Camden High School Hall of Fame for his career accomplishments and service to the Camden City community before being made principal of Olney Charter High School.
100 West Duncannon Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19120