Antonia Pantoja Charter School
- Opened in 2008 with full enrollment in all 9 grades; grades K-8; 700 students
- Technology-rich learning environment
- 95% student attendance; 98% student retention; 94% teacher retention
- 3 consecutive years of achieving Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP)
- 2011 School Performance Index (SPI) score of 2 out of 10 (1 is the top score for exemplary performance)
Enrollment for the 2019-2020 School Year
Due to a high demand for student enrollment and limited space, our school uses a lottery system to randomly select eligible students for acceptance. All students living in Philadelphia are welcome to enter the lottery online or in person. The online lottery will be open between October 1, 2018 and March 1, 2019. Paper applications are available for submission in the main office between February 1 and March 1, 2019. Parents will be notified during the third week of March as to their student’s acceptance status.
- Title I Parent Letter – 1 (English) / Título I Carta 1 para los Padres (Español)
- Title I Parent Letter – 2 (English) / Título I Carta 2 para los Padres (Español)
Pantoja School Documents and Public Information
Academic Calendar: 2017 – 2018 Academic Calendar
After receiving a Bachelor’s Degree in Education from Chestnut Hill College, Sandra Gonzalez went on to teach at Eugenio Maria de Hostos Charter School for nine years — during which time she obtained a Master’s Degree from Gwynedd Mercy University. She served Antonia Pantoja Charter School as assistant principal from 2008 to 2010 before becoming school principal. She is also currently pursuing a Doctorate in Education from Holy Family University and raising a 5-year old daughter named Isabella.
Every Day Schedule:
4101 N. American Street Philadelphia, PA 19140