Olney Charter High School
• Grades 9-12, 1765 students
• Just completed its 2nd year of transition from 2 public schools into 1 charter school
• New furniture, technology, curriculum, interior paint, and 240 surveillance cameras
• Student Excellence Center and Parent Empowerment Center
• Much local media recognition, including articles in The Notebook, Metropolis, Impacto, and Al Dia magazines.
• 1st year academic results: reading proficiency from 18% to 30%; math proficiency from 16% to 32%
• Of all Philadelphia high schools, Olney ranked #10 in math and #17 in reading on the 2012 PVAAS (PA Value-Added Assessment System) growth measure
• 1st year graduation rate of 93%
Principal’s Note: “Dear Olney Charter Parents, Guardians, and Students,
We are officially beginning our third year as ASPIRA Olney Charter High School. Our faculty, staff, students, and community have had many successes over the past two years. We plan to continue this journey and to reach new heights with our rigorous academic program and our numerous extra-curricular activities.
Our mission is dedicated to providing “quality instruction” and to supporting a “learning environment conducive to students.” We, at Olney, strive everyday to serve and to accomplish our mission for the students who walk through our doors and enter our classrooms. In addition, we added a “Senior Seminar” class for the upcoming school year. This seminar’s goal is to have 100 percent of our graduating seniors apply and be accepted into a post-secondary college, university, or trade school.
Without a doubt, Olney Charter High School is one of the best high schools in the City of Philadelphia! We look forward to making this year as memorable and educationally challenging as possible. If you have any questions about our program, please do not hesitate to visit or call the school.”
– Dr. José E. Lebrón, Principal
1. Operacion Exito: We’re excited to announce the launch of Operacion Exito (OE) at Olney. OE is an innovative online learning tool that gives students the opportunity to continue learning outside the classroom through tutoring of various subjects online with the ability to advance at their own pace. We’re currently looking for donors to provide prizes and incentives to encourage the students to pursue excellence. If you’d like to donate to OE, please click the Paypal button below (all your donations are tax-deductible!)
2. Olney Voice: Olney is proud to launch its new student newspaper, which just published its first issue of the 2013-2014 school year. You can view the issue here: Olney Voice Volume 2 Issue 1
Job Opportunities: Olney is currently hiring for the following full-time teaching positions:
- SPED Low-Inc
- General SPED
- Spanish 7-12 (ASPIRA Academy)
If you’d like to apply for any of these positions, please send your resume and a one page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position you are applying for as the subject of the email.
100 West Duncannon Street
Philadelphia, PA 19120